Effective 11/4, 2014
Information Vynca May Collect From YouWe collect the information needed to provide Vynca.org visitors with the information, products, and services that Site visitors request and to update, promote, and distribute our products and services as they evolve. We collect the following information:
1. Correspondence Received Through the Vynca.org Site or Email: If you correspond with us via email or through other communication channels we may make available on or through the Site, we may retain such correspondence and any information (including personally-identifiable information) contained therein (including, but not limited to, your name and or your email address). Since we cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of information that you provide to us in an email that may travel over public networks, we recommend that you do not include information that you would consider to be confidential in an email that you send to us.
2. Web Analytics: We also maintain standard web logs for analytics purposes that record data about all visitors who use this Site. When you use our Site, we may employ pixel tags (also known as clear gifs or web beacons) and cookies, which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make Vynca better for our users. In addition, these logs help us track abnormal accesses of the Site which helps us protect the security of the Personal Health Information. These logs may contain:
- The domains from which you accessed the Site
- The type of browser and operating system you use
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Your health worker credentials and patient demographic information
- The date and time you visited the Site
- The pages you viewed on this Site
- The address of the website you linked to the Site from
We use the web log information to help us design our Site, to identify popular features, and to make the Site more useful for our visitors. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we do not try to identify individuals from web logs or use web logs to our public website but do collect this information to enable provide single sign on service, electronic signatures, form data auto-population and other Vynca products or services of the HIPAA compliant segment of our Site. The information helps us provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites, analyze traffic, determine targeted advertisements (if relevant), facilitate automated activity, and determine appropriate solicitations. We may also use web logs to identify any person attempting to break into or damage the Site, and we may share web log information with law enforcement agencies if we believe that we have evidence of a violation of computer security or related laws.
3. Customer or Visitor Requests for Information, Enhancement Suggestions, Feedback, and other correspondence: If you ask a question, offer an Enhancement Suggestion, or make a request through this web site or email, we may store your message and our response for a period of time. Any disclosure of an Enhancement Suggestion constitutes your granting of a license to Vynca for that intellectual property and your permission that Vynca at its sole discretion, may use, implement and sell products, services, or features that use the disclosed Enhancement Suggestion, including with or without modifications made by Vynca. We may also use the information that we collect from your correspondences to respond to your inquiry and/or to notify you of various products and services, events, news or other Vynca-related opportunities or those of our partners. Email addresses and other contact information is never sold, given, or otherwise shared or disclosed to third parties except as expressly set forth herein. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may change your email preferences relating to promotional communications emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service communications including, but not limited to, messages about your registration. Personal Health Information collected through the use of Vynca’s non-public site is protected by HIPAA and Vynca uses its best efforts to protect the privacy of Personal Health Information for clinical use in compliance with HIPAA regulations. When Personal Health Information is disclosed, you acknowledge that Vynca may share that information with third parties under business associate privacy agreements as well as with the care team that is, will, or may be providing care to you in the past, present, or future. Our goal is to ensure that Personal Health Information is stored privately and securely but that the Personal Health Information is simultaneously available for access by healthcare providers when they need it to provide care, especially in an emergency.
Disclosure and Use of Personal InformationWe do not use or disclose personal information obtained through this Site except as described in this policy. Notwithstanding the foregoing and in addition to Vynca’s products or services, we may reveal personally identifiable information about you to third-parties if: (a) the information is provided to comply with the law, enforce an agreement we have with you, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our employees or others; or (b) the information is provided to our agents, vendors, or service providers who perform functions on our behalf as described herein.
DisclosuresWe may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us, provided that any Personal Health Information is maintained and secured in a HIPAA compliant manner. Whenever possible, we will require any recipient of personal information for these purposes to agree in writing to use the information only for the purpose for which it was disclosed and to destroy or return it when no longer needed for that purpose. We may disclose personal information when required to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. Except when deemed by us to be infeasible, we will notify the individual of a subpoena, court order, or search warrant for the individual information, by e-mail using the e-mail address (if any) that the individual provided to us.
We may also share with others aggregated information about our users that does not identify any particular individual. Furthermore, we may transfer, assign, or otherwise share your personal information in conjunction with a merger, reorganization, transfer of assets, dissolution, or liquidation of all or part of Vynca.
We may disclose personal information, as we deem appropriate and in accordance with HIPAA, to protect the safety of an individual or for an investigation related to public safety or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law. We may disclose personal information in accordance with HIPAA to protect the security and reliability of this web Site, and to take precautions against liability. We may disclose personal information to any successor in interest (any company or organization that purchases or otherwise take control of our assets).